Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday

Montezuma has an awesome organic farmers market and it is very expensive. I bought tofu C1,500, soymilk C3000, mint C400, parsley C400..She had lots of other herbs, vegetables (leeks, beets, yams, plantains, celery stalks)...cheese, almond butter, natural oils, 5 grain bread...I am planning to buy a week's supply of produce there and see how I will do.... I also want to sell my oatmeal cranberry cookies there....people were also going crazy over bread too...
 
After the market, I went down to my future Cafe and had breakfast. It was really good, papaya in aqua is my favorite drink...I have done it before at home and highly recommend it. Papayas are a great source of enzymes and good for the skin. Sarma even recommends to make a face mask with them...
 
Days are going really nice, I am getting used to the heat. Nadja is tremendous help, especially about day to day stuff..like freezing small water bottles to take to the beach, so I dont drink hot water....sunscreen is also very important here...i get burnt easily so I have it on me all the time.
 
Here is a list I made last night....Things that made me happy:
 
I discovered a lemon tree right behind my door. It took me 4 days to get to the back of the house. Lemon trees are special to me, growing up my great aunt had a small lemon tree and i loved to go to her house and smell the lemons. I will have lemonade at the cafe, hopefully there will enough lemons from the local trees:)
 
My landlady is amazing. She doesnt speak any english but we get along really well. She left a cut young coconut outside my door. I love the young coconut meat and there are tons of raw dessert recipes that I can make with it. I will have to find a way to get more of them..In the States, you can find them at Whole Foods...It is funny how everyone refers to US as States here....
 
Hearing my phone ring makes me the happiest these days. I am very much blessed with a great family and friends. Also thankful to Sera, since she set me up with this phone for a month. My mom and dad call every day, sometimes we talk a couple times. Talking to friends and hearing why I came here helps a lot because it is easy to think about how great life I had in San Francisco and what the hell I am doing here...Then I got an email from Idil today, asking me about tickets to Costa Rica. They want to come for my birthday and looking for tickets...Yay!!!
 
I enjoy reading your comments so please write!!! Also looking for spanish classes in Costa Rica....If you got any recommendations, send them over. Internet is so slow here, I can't do proper websearch...
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

G.O. said...

Canimmmm benimmm! dondurmami gordunmuuu www.guliz83.blogspot.com bi bakiver!! seni coook ozledim bitanecik kardesim.. hala tatile gittigini dusunuorum hehe.. Sana bi suprizim var MARIO Bittii! hehe darisi basina darling! mcuuuuuuuuuks

Carla & Bruce said...

Ozlem'ciiim, canim ne kadar seviniyorum kendin icin bu yaptiklarina anlatamam. Fistigim seni cok aramak istiyorum ama bende telefonun yok. Nolur gonder de arayayim catlayacagim konusmazsak. Kolay kolay kimse rahat yasamini birakip bir maceraya bu kadar kolay atilamazdi senin gibi. Zaten senin maceraci ruhunu her zaman cok takdir etmisimdir. Tabi ki ilk etapta alisma zorluklari cekiyorsun, bu cok normal. Biz neredeyse tam 3 aydir Istanbul'dayiz, bildigimiz yer, cok arkadasimiz var, ailemize yakin falan filan ama hala adaptasyon zorlugu cekiyoruz ve 1 sene suruyor diyor bizden once gelenler. Senin durumunda daha da zordur cunku tanidik sayisi daha az vs. Ama bir rutine girmeye basladi mi isler cok mutlu olacagindan eminim. Biz de gelecegiz kesin seni ziyarete. En iyi mevsim ne zaman? Opuyorum shekosh. Bizi havadissiz birakma. Mucuk. Cagla

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile, but I wanted to say it's so cool you're in such a great place, doing what you love. I hope you have great success and also many adventurous stories to tell on your blog, and also to carry with you.