Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hola from Costa Rica!

This is by far the most entertaining, enlightening and heart opening trip I have ever taken. Montezuma is amazing. It is a very small village, 200 people at most live here and almost half are foreigners. It kinda reminds me of Southern Turkey, Kas or Kalkan maybe...

Canopy (zip lines over the rain forest) was damn scary but there was a dog with us, Luna and he was my hero the whole time.

I can now proudly say that I can SURF!!! Well, correction, I can surf a wave, can't paddle my way and pick a wave yet but it is sooooooooo much fun!

It takes 30 minutes to hike to the Playa Grande (no access through cars)...There are mango trees in the hotel I am staying and  mangos are falling down every 10 seconds BAM!!!! Squirrels are eating almonds like crazy, they don't even stop and breath. The green here is something else, you just have to come here.  My Spanish is improving, people are so nice, so far I have been randomly invited to several gatherings, did art work, had coffee, hanged out, all those fun things that you can do when you are travelling alone with open eyes! 

I have been doing yoga everyday, except for one morning, where I had to go and surf! When it is the right wave, you just can't wait!!! and I am much more comfortable with my headstands. Dagmar is such a gifted teacher. We connected really well and she is off to a Vipassana course in India in a couple months...Life is good!

Pictures will follow and I am sailing to Tortuga Island for snorkelling and beach volleyball.

Pura Vida!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're having such a fantastic time! We must have dinner when you get back from your trip!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for surfing! I'm glad you are having such a great time, i wish i were there