Thursday, November 09, 2006

Day by Day

I can see the ocean from my bed...there is a warm breeze and a nice turning thing on the ceiling...(no idea what it is called, but I am glad I have it, because it is hot)..

 

I arrived yesterday at 1pm, my 4 bags didn't make it to the small plane from San Jose to Tambor. Per Sansa, the regional airlines, it should be here in 40 minutes. They were supposed to be here by early morning, but everyone tells me I should forget about the time for a while...things here run by Tica time...

 

The guy who picked me from the airport yesterday is going to get them for me and bring it to my casa...People are nice and friendly here. Two minutes ago, I got my first call from a local friend, Maritzio...It is amazing how happy I felt when that phone rang. He just called to check on me and see if I heard from the luggages...He is the one who taught me how to surf when I was here in August. If my stuff arrives, we will go the beach tomorrow.

 

I didn't make any arrangements for a place to stay but lucked out on this really nice one bedroom. Apparently, most places are sold out for December and January already because of the holidays and the high season...(good for the business!)... The casa comes with a shower, bathroom, kitchen, a walk in closet (!!!) and a nice veranda with a great big wood table. When saw the hammock, I could not believe my eyes...I came here mostly for love, love of food, love of hammocks and love of papayas...I had my first papaya for lunch today...so I can't complain...

 

I have a lot of work to do. I am planning to take over by December 1st. I went there this morning and was really upset to see that she is taking her kitchenaid with her...It was listed in the inventory list, so i left mine with Ann, good thing I didn't sell it because they are really expensive and even more expensive here...If I knew I would have brought it with me...Sucks big time...I need the kitchenaid for cakes and cookies most of the time. Anyway, on the bright side, I did have a special bond with my kitchenaid and it would be great to see him again.

 

Oh, before I forget, whoever comes first, gets a special on the menu named after him or her, or a name that you like. For tickets from the US, call TACA. Their service have been extremely helpful and the seats are very comfortable. You will get to San Jose and then take SANSA (regional airlines) to Tambor.... That's it...directions to heaven....

 

Now, got to go and open a bank account...Wish me luck! Adios!

 

Day 3:

 

Each day gets better. Talking to friends on the phone and getting emails helps so much. I got my luggage yesterday and unpacked most of my stuff. It is so nice to see my old stuff...I thought I had no attachments to things, but scratch that...I love my life, I love San Francisco, I love my friends and family. Sera made a very good point that I am not here forever. She even said she never expected me to be here for a long time. I am here on a bootcamp...I love bootcamps. It feels much better and lighter to think this is an adventure, not   a permanent stop. As Lane said, the sooner I start doing things I like, the better I will feel...So true...I can't relax on vacations, I need to do things, like work or run around, just keep occupied...Sleeping under the sun is not my thing, but I do enjoy an afternoon nap on the hammock.

 

I got the bank account and they got me a debit card in one day...Now I am in Cobano, the big town and found high speed internet here...It is great....Will try to download some pictures....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ozlem,

You are a "champion"... Sonsuz tebrik ediyorum, konusma firsatimiz olmadi ancak Costa Rica'ya yerlesme hareketini cani gonulden tebrik ediyor ve destekliyorum. Umarim hersey istedigin gibi olur...
Selamlar,

-Emre Kulali

Organico said...

muchos gracias! kisses! I hope everything works out as I wished too!!!

nataliejane said...

i think you are fabulous! just remember the law of impermanence, everything, without exception, is constantly in flux, and changing.

you have a great soul and i admire what you're doing.

you're in my thoughts!

-n