Thursday, March 02, 2006

Cardamom, Pistachios and Dark Chocolate

I love cardamom, can't get enough of it, especially in Indian food, but I was dying to bake with it for sometime since I saw this cookie recipe on Lex Culinaria.

Cardamom, Pistachio and Dark Chocolate...It has my name written all over it...I followed the recipe exactly but added a teaspoon of lemon zest, a trick I learned when I was working at the Crixa Bakery. Take a note: lemon zest brings out the flavor of pistachios...

There is even a mash-up version of these cookies on Chef Girl. She uses the butter cookie recipe from Martha's Baking Book. I will give it a try very soon, but first I have to get the tasting notes from the experts:) Jason and Lane received a batch already and I am taking some over to Cindy and Carrie tonight, so stay tuned for real reviews:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there u go girl!!!C-A-R-D-A-M-O-M!i love it! i can smell 'em right from here!!! so seductive...hmmm...

Baking Fairy said...

Sorry, they weren't as good as you think...Carrie even said, she wouldn't try a second one...Sorry to break your heart but they just look pretty, not that exciting after all...