Friday, January 13, 2006

Happy 2006!

"Difficult to detect and very subtle,
the mind seizes whatever it wants;
so let a wise man guard his mind,
for a guarded mind brings happiness.
Dhammapada 36"

Hello everyone! I know its been too long since I last posted but the holidays are over, I am back to the daily routine, feeling very very happy, content and rested. I know this because I can feel it, literally.

Most of you know that I joined Eric and his father, Phil for the 10-day Vipassana meditation course and they were the hardest days in my 29.9 years in this life time! It was rather a bootcamp, hours of diligent (!) and vigorous (!) mind training, 4:30 am to 9:00 pm, every day! I haven't worked this much ever but I found everything I was looking for and even more.

I thought about leaving on Day 2, stopped meditating and did tons of day dreaming and thanks to that awful experience I realized why I was there. I was constantly rolling between the memories of the past or dreaming in the future and was unable to "be" in the present. Madness! (also, it helped that Eric drove, so I could not get out as easy as I would have).

After we left the campsite, we stopped for a quick bite and good coffee at a local bakery, highly recommended by a fellow meditator. Freestone Bakery....It can't get more real than that, no shine, no glitz, but, very rustic, hearthy, earthy. It was the perfect ending and I got a glimpse of where I could be one day... The bags of flour stacked up on the floor, bakers in their white aprons, the brick oven and I saw myself on the other side of the counter. Will you hire me?


Some good karmas of the past introduced me to Eric and I am just grateful to the universe for that. You can read on Art of Living from the Dhamma site here...It is phenomenal.

May you all be happy, filled with joy and happiness every single moment.

I have so many new ideas for the site and will be posting plans for 2006 soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: