Thursday, October 13, 2011

Use of Herbs during Pregnancy

I like this site a lot, super helpful information and lots of articles about pregnancy nutrition. It is a little complicated with herbs during pregnancy. Even my dad send me an article saying don't eat ginger. However, if you read through the research, it is the amount and how you use it that makes the difference. Culinary use is different than extracts and oils. Good to know:)

Just made a dandelion pesto again. This time I used 2 bunches of basil, 1 bunch of parsley and 1 bunch of dandelion with 2 roasted garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper. Now, I want to bake some veggies and sprinkle this on top. It also makes a great salad dressing....


1 comment:

Küçük Şef said...

As far as I know, ginger is a very strong blood diluter. People using blood diluters like Caumodine, aspirine, etc. should not use ginger as it would increase this diluting effect.

I used blood diluters during my pregnancy and hence I avoided using ginger. But, I don't think using controlled amounts of ginger would harm. It could be good to avoid herbs as much as possible or to get doctors' advice anyway.