Sunday, August 15, 2010

Banana-Maple Oatmeal Cookies

Happy Mother's Day!

It is Mother's Day in Costa Rica. Just a joy to celebrate mother's day
twice in a year. My mom loves raisins and cookies, so I am baking for
her these cookies with double raisins, and veganizing it for me, and
making it gluten-free for my sister. So everyone is happy! (My dad
would eat anything, he is so sweet when it comes to food.) I wish one
day I can make everyone happy, just like these warm cookies right out
from the oven, chewy, healthy and full of love.

Banana-Maple Oatmeal Cookies

1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
3 tablespoons water
Mix well and wait for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.

1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup gluten free wheat flour (I used brown rice flour)
1 tsp xtan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 banana, mashed
2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or canola oil)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 375.

Mix the oats, flour, xtan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and
cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Add the raisins.

Add the maple syrup, vanilla, oil, mashed banana, and lemon juice to
the flaxseed mixture and combine well. Pour into the dry mixture and
stir well but don't overmix.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon
mat or parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork. Bake
for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms and sides are lightly brown.

These cookies are cakey, if you like your cookies crunchy, I'd
recommend to bake them more. Uff, just realized mom doesn't like soft
cookies and dad doesn't like them hard. So, I guess, mom you will bake
these for 20 minutes for dad, and keep baking five more minutes for
you. Whewww...that was an easy, last minute adjustment:)

Inspired from Fat Free Kitchen, but I could not help and make some
major changes:)

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2010/02/banana-maple-oatmeal-cookies.html

I got about 20 cookies, they are going to my yoga class tomorrow.

No comments: